80s Classics’s Electric Dreams directed Steve Barron and Joseph Ruben’s Dreamscape make Blu-ray debut in July
Second Sight is thrilled to announce two classic 80s films Dreamscape and Electric Dreams both set for their first Blu-ray release on 31 July 2017.
‘At once sexy, funny and genuinely scary…lots of fun’ - Empire Magazine
Classic 1980s sci-fi adventure Dreamscape starring screen favourites Dennis Quaid (The Day After Tomorrow) and Kate Capshaw (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), makes its UK Blu-ray debut thanks to Second Sight.
This action-packed sci-fi thriller is directed by Joseph Ruben (Sleeping with the Enemy) and also stars Max von Sydow (The Exorcist), and Christopher Plummer (The Sound of Music). The film arrives in a brand new restored version from a 2K scan, packed with a host of brand new special features. Alongside the Blu-ray, Dreamscape will also be available on DVD, on demand and download on 31 July 2017.
Young psychic Alex Gardner (Quaid) is coerced into joining a dream research project in which those with his abilities are trained to enter and affect the dreams of others. What begins as an experiment in remedying nightmares turns into something far more sinister, when a corrupt government official seizes control of the project. Can Alex can stop his diabolical plan?
• Restored version of new 2K scan
• Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio / PCM Uncompressed Stereo
• ‘The Actor's Journey’ – Interview with Dennis Quaid
• ‘Dreamscapes and Dreammakers’ - Retrospective including interviews with Director Joseph Ruben, Co-Writer David Loughery, Actor David Patrick Kelly and other members of the Special Effects Team
• ‘Nightmares and Dreamsnakes’ – Looking back at the Snakeman with Craig Reardon, David Patrick Kelley and others
• In-depth conversation between Producer Bruce Cohn Curtis and Co-Writer/Producer Chuck Russell
• Audio commentary with Bruce Cohn Curtis, David Loughery and Special Makeup artist Craig Reardon
• Snakeman Test Footage
• Stills Gallery
• Theatrical Trailer
‘A lot of fun’ - Roger Ebert
With its memorable sing-a-long hit title track from Phil Oakey and standout soundtrack from Giorgio Moroder, Steve Barron’s Electric Dreams is a bona fide, 80s classic and now, thanks to Second Sight, it makes its worldwide Blu-ray debut.
Arriving in a brand new restored edition and presented in high definition 1080p, this cult comedy drama is set for its Blu-ray release, complete with a limited edition special slipcase and brand new bonus features, on 31 July 2017.
Starring Lenny von Dohlen (Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me) as Miles, a helpless, hopeless architect, who is about to blow a fuse. He has a problem: his computer Edgar has decided to wreck his life. He's ruined his credit rating, run up his phone bill, cancelled his plane reservations, locked him out of his house and now he's trying to steal his girlfriend. Meet Madeline (Virgina Madsen – Sideways), she's blonde, brilliant and waiting for the sparks to fly in this hilarious, much-loved 80s love-triangle with a difference. Featuring music from 1980s pop royalty including Jeff Lynne, Heaven 17, Helen Terry, Culture Club this is a true nostalgic treat.
• New restoration presented in High Definition 1080p
• ‘Is This A Story?’ - New Interview with Director Steve Barron
• ‘Electric Dreaming’ - New Interview with Writer/Co-Producer Rusty Lemorande
• ‘Miles and Madeline’ - New Interviews with stars Lenny von Dohlen and Virginia Madsen
• Limited Edition slipcase with premium spot gloss varnish (initial 2000 units)
• New SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired