PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: SALAZAR’S REVENGE Exclusive Fan Event Live-Streamed Across The Seas To IMAX® Cinemas
DISNEY AND IMAX GIVE UK FANS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THE NEW FILM FIRST AT EXCLUSIVE FAN EVENTS ACROSS EUROPE
Disney has teamed up with IMAX to bring Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge to fans across the UK on Sunday 14th May. Live from Disneyland® Paris, the pre-screening event will be streamed into 6 UK IMAX venues ahead of the film.
The exclusive live stream from Disneyland® Paris will allow fans in the UK to watch the film ahead of its UK release on 25th May.
The film event will be streamed into the following UK locations; Cineworld Leicester Square London, Cineworld Sheffield, Odeon Milton Keynes, Cineworld Edinburgh, Odeon Trafford Centre Manchester, Odeon Cardiff.
Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge will be specially formatted in its entirety exclusively for IMAX® theatres. The film will be presented in an expanded IMAX 1.9:1 aspect ratio to fill more of the screen – allowing audiences to see 26% more of the image in IMAX 3D than in standard theatres.
To celebrate the launch of Sky Cinema Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean pop up channel from 26-29 May, Sky Cinema is also giving away over 1000 free tickets to the exclusive fan screenings. Fans can enter to be in with a chance to WIN TICKETS!
Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the iconic, swashbuckling anti-hero Jack Sparrow in the all-new “Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge,” a rip-roaring adventure that finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar – played by Academy Award® winner Javier Bardem, escape from the Devil's Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack.
· Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge will be specially formatted in its entirety exclusively for IMAX® theatres.
· The expanded 1.9:1 aspect ratio presented in IMAX will fill more of the screen – delivering audiences 26% more of the image than standard theatres for a truly remarkable experience.
· Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology.
· The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX's customised theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are standing with Captain Jack Sparrow at the bow of the ship.
· Experience the film the way it was intended to be experienced – in IMAX theatres.
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: SALAZAR’S REVENGE IS IN CINEMAS MAY 25
About IMAX Corporation
IMAX, an innovator in entertainment technology, combines proprietary software, architecture and equipment to create experiences that take you beyond the edge of your seat to a world you’ve never imagined. Top filmmakers and studios are utilizing IMAX theatres to connect with audiences in extraordinary ways, and, as such, IMAX’s network is among the most important and successful theatrical distribution platforms for major event films around the globe.
IMAX is headquartered in New York, Toronto and Los Angeles, with offices in London, Tokyo, Shanghai and Beijing. As of Mar 31, 2017, there were 1,226 IMAX theaters (1,121 commercial multiplexes, 14 commercial destinations and 91 institutions) in 75 countries. On Oct. 8, 2015, shares of IMAX China, a subsidiary of IMAX Corp., began trading on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange under the stock code “HK.1970.”
IMAX®, IMAX® 3D, IMAX DMR®, Experience It In IMAX®, An IMAX 3D Experience®, The IMAX Experience®, IMAX Is Believing® and IMAX nXos®are trademarks of IMAX Corporation. More information about the Company can be found at IMAX. You may also connect with IMAX on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.