10 Trends Shaped By the Apple iPhone – Revisit the History of the iPhone 10 Years on Ahead of the Revolutionary Devices Anniversary
Ahead of the iPhone’s 10 year anniversary, Shutterstock has outlined how the iPhone has revolutionised design and photography in 10 trends shaped by the iPhone. These include:
• Amateur photography: with an iPhone anyone can be a photographer
• Vertical photos and videos: from ads to social media posts, the iPhone has changed the direction of visual content
• Real-time news: making it easy to capture events as they unfold, the iPhone has transformed citizen journalism
• Visual brand design: apps have combined design and technology
• Selfies: a new form of self-expression, thanks to a front-facing camera
The number of iPhone photos uploaded to Shutterstock has risen dramatically, and will continue to rise—in 2017, they’re predicted to hit 1.5MM. 78% of Shutterstock’s iPhone images were uploaded in 2016.
The infographic here outlines the full impact of the iPhone on photography.